This job has now expired
Head of Corporate Services
Arthritis Research UK is leading the fight against arthritis. We’re working to take the pain away for people with arthritis, helping them to remain active. We do this by funding high class research, providing information and campaigning. Everything we do is underpinned by research.
As the fourth largest medical research charity in the UK, we have already achieved a lot. Since our foundation in 1936 the treatment of arthritis has changed beyond recognition. With the vision of a future free from the pain and suffering of arthritis we are committed to an ambitious 10 year strategy with 10 clear goals. We have grown considerably over the last eighteen months and are now looking to recruit to a number of key roles within the new Finance & Corporate Services directorate to support our focus on effective fundraising and awareness raising strategies which will enable us to fund the very best research that will make a real difference to people’s lives.
We are searching for a highly motivated, commercially minded Head of Corporate Services to lead the new Corporate Services team. With significant experience of legal/regulatory matters and/or risk management, together with experience of managing key support functions within a complex organisation, you will be responsible for reviewing and developing policies and procedures to ensure strong legal, regulatory and risk management across the Charity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic advice and proactive management across the organisation for the facilities and administration functions, risk management and legal/regulatory matters, and will ensure that the Corporate Services team provides consistent, high quality and proactive support to enable achievement of the Charity’s vision and goals. You will adopt a business partnering approach across the Charity in order to ensure that business needs are fully understood and requirements for new services or information appropriately identified. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Corporate Services, a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will proactively manage the administration, facilities and corporate services of the Charity (including our exciting new First Response team).
- Relevant qualification or evidence of necessary skills through training/experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management qualification
- Significant experience of managing facilities and/or administrative functions for a complex organisation
- Experience of managing legal/regulatory matters
- Experience of risk management
- Proven track record of leading and managing staff
- Proven track record of working as a business partner, providing advice and support across an organisation
- Proven track record of managing change, with particular emphasis upon improving performance, establishing a strong performance culture and delivering results
- Experience of working in a charitable/non-for-profit organisation
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Able to explain complex ideas and principles in a manner that is appropriate for the audience
- Able to understand the organisation and translate data into information which can underpin effective decision-making
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS:
- Commitment to work as part of a team
- Customer service ethos
- Willingness to work flexibly in the interests of the Charity
- Able to undertake some national travel
Charity benefits include:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (3% Employee, 6% Employer contributions)
- Life Assurance of 3 times annual salary
- Medical Health Trust (eligible after 6 months)
- 25 days annual leave (including 3 days for use at Christmas, in addition to statutory days
- 35 hour working week