Public Relations & Press Officer
NRAS works for a better life for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis offering support, information and advocacy and campaigning to raise awareness of the disease and ensure fair treatment for all. We are a small charity (20 people) with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, are highly respected within the sector and achieve a huge amount for a charity of our size.
This is a new role, with the chance to make it your own, working with the senior management team on establishing a PR strategy and then taking responsibility for implementing it.
Day to day tasks will include:
• Proactively seeking media opportunities to raise awareness of RA and the work we do
• Building and maintaining relationships with press contacts
• Writing and placing articles
• Planning, overseeing and producing our Magazine 3 times a year
• Liaising with our Members, volunteers and campaigners to compile a bank of personal stories for media use
Key attributes will include:
A desire to get involved and be part of the team
A knowledge of all media platforms and how to best utilise them
Excellent writing skills
Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
A positive approach to problems and a creative approach to possible solutions
We are based in Maidenhead, Berkshire and the candidate must be willing relocate or be within sensible commuting distance. There will be some UK travel and out of hours working so flexibility is a must.
This is a chance to build on your skills and knowledge and help us to make a real difference.
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button below.