This job has now expired
About the role
Six Degrees is looking for suitable candidates who have recently graduated, or ideally have some relevant industry experience at Account Executive level, to fill the role of account executive/senior account executive on our Business Technology team.
The person we hire will be assigned primarily to the PR clients handled by this team, and may be also be asked to work across all areas of our business, which covers Engineering & Industry and Marketing Technology. We are looking for someone who is as comfortable with traditional media and influencer relations as they are with social media and online PR, and can play a role in the growth of our business in that area.
Day to day responsibilities
The right candidate for the role will be an enthusiastic, sociable and proactive individual with excellent written skills and a keen interest in the business and economic environment, both in the UK and globally.
The key areas you will be involved with are:
- Developing strategies and implementing client programmes
- Liaising with national, regional and trade media on behalf of clients
- Social media planning and implementation across clients’ chosen channels, including managing clients’ social media presence
- Issues development, including tracking conversations relating to specific clients or issues
- Liaising directly with clients
- Copywriting: feature comment, webcopy, articles, press releases, marketing materials, media packs
- News distribution and pitching
- Creating and updating media lists
- Forward features planning for clients
- Analyzing and reporting on client coverage
- Event co-ordination (including press trips)
- Keeping client activity reports up to date
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate success at achieving coverage and outstanding media, and general influencer relations
- A strong writer
- Have an interest in technology and ability to understand a wide variety of industries
- Have a good understanding of business and the economy in general
- Be completely comfortable using all social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube etc)
- A creative thinker
- Have the ability to understand and process information quickly, and draw relevant conclusions
- Have good presentation skills – the candidate must be comfortable speaking to groups of people and project and confident, likeable image.
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, with multiple deadlines
- Flexibility - must be able to work closely with very different characters, and adapt accordingly
- Positive, happy person – a must!
- Ambitious, but not ruthless
- Willing to take on responsibility
- Determined – willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Integrity – considers trust, honesty and respect as core personal values
- Salary commensurate to experience
- Opportunity for bonus
- Six Degrees of Relaxation days (wellness treatments at the office)
- Pension contribution
- Private health care
- On-the-job and formal training (incl. working towards membership of CIPR or CIM)
About Six Degrees
Six Degrees is one of the top 20 independent technology PR agencies in the UK. We run business-to-business and business-to-consumer campaigns for organisations that have science, engineering or technology at their core.
We are unlike many of our competitors because we have a team of very experienced consultants, creating a unique environment to learn and grow. We are looking for someone who is intelligent, is enthusiastic and has a good work ethic, and is passionate about customer service. The individual will become an important member of our growing team.
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button below.