Head of Events - Public Affairs Directorate, University Offices
The University of Oxford’s Public Affairs Directorate is seeking an experienced events manager for the post of Head of Events. This is a key role in a high-profile area as the devising and management of major events is a significant activity which bears directly upon both the public reputation and the stakeholder understanding of the University of Oxford.
Leading a team of five, you will have overall responsibility for the planning and delivery of a programme of around 80 events per year, ensuring they are delivered to a high standard and to budget. These events range from the University’s traditional events, such as the annual honorary degrees ceremony, to visits by heads of state as well as high-profile international engagement and fundraising events.
An outstanding professional with a minimum of five years’ events planning experience at a senior level, you will combine excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and strong budgetary management skills. You must be resilient, calm and effective under pressure, with the ability to problem-solve and handle multiple projects in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. You must also have well-developed interpersonal and advocacy skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, diplomatically and effectively with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
For further details, including the job description, person specification and information on how to apply, please visit click on the 'Apply now' button and quote reference UAS/634/E.
The closing date is midday on Friday 20 April. Interviews will take place on Friday 18 May.
The University of Oxford is committed to equality and valuing diversity.
More jobs like this
- Full Time International Head of Group / Department Associations / Institutions jobs in Oxfordshire
- Full Time International Head of Group / Department Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in Oxfordshire
- Full Time International Head of Group / Department Education jobs in Oxfordshire
- Full Time International Head of Group / Department Government jobs in Oxfordshire
- Full Time International Head of Group / Department Arts & Heritage jobs in Oxfordshire