This job has now expired
Head of Marketing, Communications and Recruitment
Join one of the world’s leading business schools
Manchester Business School is the UK’s leading centre for business research and one of the world’s top 30 business schools. Ours is the largest campus-based business school in the UK, with around 3,000 students and over 200 teaching staff. We support a further 3,500 students worldwide through centres in Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore and the USA. Our 40,000 alumni are also spread across the globe. With an annual turnover in the region of £75M, we offer a diverse and exciting range of world-class business and management education programmes. As a key component of the University of Manchester, the Business School competes on a global scale for the best students and staff, and will continue to generate ground-breaking research that is recognised, internationally, by peers and practitioners.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with energy and ideas to evolve, implement and measure our marketing and communications strategy, to build on our strong UK and international brand and reputation, in a highly competitive market. As the most senior marketing professional, jointly reporting to Director and Head of Administration of the School, you will lead a recently restructured team of more than 20 and be responsible for a non-pay budget of approximately £1.6M.
• Evolve, deliver and monitor a dynamic and professional Marketing Strategy, to support the School’s objectives and in line with the University’s vision and strategic goals
• Develop and deliver first class strategic brand management and marketing to promote a consistent and professional image for the School nationally and internationally
• Take responsibility for all aspects of the School’s marketing, communications and recruitment activities, internally and externally, including digital and social media
• Coach, motivate and support your team, managing performance, and providing strategic direction and leadership to ensure consistency of message across all marketing activities to further the School’s standing and reputation
• Foster a marketing orientation and customer focus across the School as a whole, including research, programmes and all external-facing activities and functions, through training, advice and support
• Liaise and work co-operatively with the University’s central marketing team
• Lead, manage and co-ordinate market research activities, including recruitment, across the world, systematically analysing the global market with a view to identifying opportunities and contributing to the School’s strategic plans
• You will have senior strategic MarComms experience in an organisation of comparable complexity, leading multi-disciplinary teams and managing resources with great success, ideally within a commercial environment
• You will have evidence of having significantly increased brand awareness, and will have delivered effective, high quality marketing and communications services and systems, to meet business needs, ideally in a global market
• Possessing exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, you have coached, motivated and developed a team to meet and exceed stretching targets and ambitious operational and strategic objectives
• You have successfully built and managed relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders and are comfortable developing new and successful commercial opportunities from within a complex matrix environment
• You will have a strong track record in CRM, market analysis, PR and press strategies and leading and managing major project and media campaigns to great effect
For further information about MBS, the University of Manchester and this opportunity, and instructions on how to apply, click 'Apply now'
Closing date: Midnight, April 30th 2012