Head of Media
Our client is a leading global PR firm who work with some of the world’s biggest brands. We are looking for an incisive and dynamic individual to join their team as Head of Media.
The role will involve:
- Translating campaigns into packaged media concepts that get relevant media talking about the topic/client
- Understanding client target audiences and how to reach them with client narratives, messages and campaigns
- Successfully pitching story angles to national and local mainstream media, industry trade media, and blogs over the phone, in-person, via email and social media
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the media important to the agency’s clients, and staying on top of the changing media landscape
- Determining and communicating media strategy and providing ongoing media counsel and updates to colleagues and clients
The successful candidate will be a well-connected, media-savvy individual coming from a background in journalism, preferably with broadcast experience. Additional PR experience would be very helpful, but is not essential to the role. You will be good at brokering deals with journalists, and able to work on hard news as well as “softer” FMCG news. Familiarity and ability to work with FMCG brands is highly desirable.
If you have the skills and experience for this role, please forward your CV and details to Ros Kindersley at email@example.com