Media Relations Officer
This is a superb opportunity for a communications professional to develop their media relations career with an evolving organisation whose work affects everyone, features high on the political agenda and which frequently makes the national news.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of all health and adult social care services in England. We make sure that the care provided by hospitals, dentists, ambulances, care homes and home-care agencies meets essential standards of quality and safety.
You’ll be helping our Head of Media deliver a robust and effective media relations strategy, responding to the high volume of national media enquires received by our busy press office and acting as media lead on projects from development to launch.
Your previous experience in a national press office will have included board-level media activity and high-profile crisis management. Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills are a given, and you’ll also have the interpersonal skills to forge strong relationships with the media and with senior colleagues. Knowledge of health and/or social care would naturally be an asset but not essential. A willingness to participate in the out-of-hours rota is required.
To find out more about this interesting role and apply, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
Closing date: 16 May 2012.
- 27 April 2012
- 16 May 2012
- Associations / Institutions, Charity / Voluntary organisation, Healthcare, Media and New Media, Professional Services
- Corporate Communications, External Affairs, Internal Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Press Officer Associations / Institutions jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Press Officer Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Press Officer Healthcare jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Press Officer Media and New Media jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Press Officer Professional Services jobs in London (East)