This job has now expired
Simplifydigital is the UK’s leading TV, broadband and home phone comparison service, helping thousands of customers every month find the best value deals from all the top UK providers. In addition to the Simplifydigital brand, the business powers services for over 50 partners including major brands such as MSN, The Telegraph, the Guardian, The Daily Mail, AgeUK, and Carphone Warehouse.
The PR Manager is a brand new role following the decision to bring PR in-house. Reporting to the Marketing Director, and working closely with the Head of Online, the PR Manager will have a fantastic opportunity to build an in-house PR operation from the ground up and will have direct responsibility for all Simplifydigital’s PR activity on and offline:
• establishing the new in-house PR team at Simplifydigital
• developing and implementing PR and editorial opportunities to raise the company's profile and encourage proactive approaches from journalists for comment
• researching and developing story ideas and communications plans
• building excellent relationships with personal finance and other consumer-focused journalists and bloggers; in print, broadcast and online media outlets
• training and coaching senior management members in media skills
• spokesperson for Simplifydigital
• development and implementation of corporate PR strategy and plans
As such the PR Manager needs to be experienced and self motivated to build on the past success and to be directly accountable for driving Simplifydigital’s PR activity going forward.
To submit your CV and cover letter, please click on the 'Apply now' button.