This job has now expired
Thomson Reuters Foundation, the charitable arm of the world’s leading provider of news and information, is committed to empowering people in need around the world with trusted information and free legal assistance. Its initiatives stand for better governance, greater transparency, women’s rights, more effective humanitarian relief and a robust global press (www.trust.org).
The Foundation runs two services for NGOs and social enterprises, called AlertNet and TrustLaw:
-Through TrustLaw, they have access to free legal assistance whenever they need it, wherever they are. We work with some 250 of the best law firms to guarantee that. We will help organisations with all sorts of challenges, from how to structure in a new country, how to issue social bonds or we support their advocacy with top-notch legal research.
-Through AlertNet, they have access to Reuters pictures for their appeals, share their views with other leading humanitarian/development players and recruit, all for free.
We are now recruiting two people who can help us take these two communities (1,000 of the best NGOs and social enterprises around the world) to the next level.
Head of Membership
• Lead in the development and execution of a strategy to:
o engage our members through the TrustLaw and AlertNet services, particularly through TrustLaw Connect, both through one-to-one relationship building and strategic communications
o confirm TrustLaw and AlertNet as the leading communities in their fields, working with the Director of Communications
• Based on the success of TrustLaw as a pro bono matching platform, and working alongside other members of the team, execute the possible expansion to other pro bono services for our members, including marketing
• Manage a small but busy membership/communications team
The ideal candidate
• We are looking for someone exceptional with a vision about how to successfully engage and inspire what have become two potentially very powerful communities
• Understands the challenges and opportunities that NGOs and social enterprises face around the world
• Has at least 7 years of experience in a communication/campaigning/membership roles
• Has an excellent understanding of social media, online communities and new communication channels and can develop a strategy that helps us build, expand and get our communities active, including through our multimedia social tool for campaigns youTrust.org
• Is flexible, dynamic, forward planning, creative and has good management skills
• Is an exceptional communicator, with excellent written and spoken English. Additional languages are desirable.
We are also recruiting a Communications Officer, more details can be found here. Both positions will be based in London and the salary is negotiable according to qualifications.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter by clicking apply now with the subject line ‘Application – Head of Membership’