Press Officer - do you have the knowledge to discuss banking issue with your CE?
This job has now expired
This press office is exceptionally fast moving and constantly challenging with one day different from another and it will give you the chance to work on FT front page stories on a regular basis. The issues are complex and it will require superb strategic thinking, great judgements and the ability to ask the right questions.
This financial services organisation has a diverse, collegiate and supportive culture. You will have the autonomy to devise and implement proactive PR campaigns in such areas as investment banking, examining the country's financial stability or talking about the issues around the cleanup of the financial markets.
Key responsibilities for this Press Office role are:
- Developing impeccable media contacts alongside superb crisis communications experience for tricky and highly sensitive issues
- Use your intellectual rigour to develop proactive strategic corporate communications campaigns for a complex and fast changing organisation
- Working across the business with knowledge of both the retail and institutional financial services sector
- Provide strategic counsel, expert, media advice to senior management
Key attributes and experience for this Press Officer role are:
- Have considerable experience of media relations handling issues on behalf od major corporate or group/board level issues
- Having some personal finance contacts is required
- Be comfortable working with senior management
- Ideally, you will have a prior portfolio of media contacts with national press
- You will also be analytical, able to turn complex financial/statistical data into information that your target audience can understand
- An energised and intelligent press officer or PR manager from a banking press office or a group function of a listed corporate.
- Or an account director from a corporate and personal financial agency who has handled complex clients
To be considered to join this financial services organisation in this exciting yet challenging press officer role, please click Apply Now