This job has now expired
EMEA Communications Manager
Our client is a leading global pharmaceutical business. They are seeking an EMEA Communications Manager with experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical industry to lead strategic communications and manage PR/ media agencies from their communications head-quarters in Brussels. Below is full description.
EMEA External Communications has responsibilities in three key areas related to the EMEA region: (1) serving on the global team that formulates external communications strategy in support of their business and policy objectives, (2) directing the implementation of external global communications programs, including selection and management of outside agency resources in multiple countries, and (3) managing daily activities and contacts with the press and other external constituencies.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the AD reports to the VP of Global Government Affairs and Sr. Director, Corporate Communications and Public Policy and works integrally with both teams. A key focus of the AD is to support the ongoing policy and pricing and reimbursement initiatives of Global Government Affairs through a pan-EMEA communications strategy that entails developing and implementing country-specific communications plans to help meet their business and policy objectives. The candidate should have a strong understanding of government affairs, and should be experienced in managing PR firms/budgets.
The successful candidate will have a specific background in public relations in an international healthcare setting (preferably pharmaceuticals/ biopharmaceuticals), and possess strong writing and speaking skills. Experience in crisis communications is a plus, as are any personal contacts among relevant members of the press. While investor relations and internal communications are not within the scope of the AD, a working familiarity with these disciplines is useful in coordinating efforts with our clients' colleagues.
• Develop EMEA communications objectives and strategies in line with the annual objectives of the Company.
• Prioritize EMEA milestones/timelines and manage the execution of the department’s major global external communications programs.
• Manage the activities and budgets of in-country PR firms and their budgets.
• Share responsibility for responding to external inquiries from the global press, including writing company response statements and Q&A.
• Manage the EMEA coordination process to stream relevant corporate news into the countries, including translation of press releases and local media outreach efforts.
• Assist in the alignment of messages and communications materials across geographies
• Communicate consistently with internal management and represent Global Corporate Communications on cross-functional teams in support of the client's business and policy objectives in EMEA.
• 7+ years of experience in a pharma/biopharma setting (or closely related healthcare environment) on either the agency or client sides.
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as English, communications, or a life science. Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
• Strong understanding of government affairs.
• Proven experience in managing global communications projects and budgets.
• Experience in direct contacts with critical audiences, especially media.
• Understanding of the regulatory environment in which the Company operates.
• Experience in working and communicating collaboratively with senior management.
• Sufficient science background to understand the Company’s work.
• Sense of loyalty to the goals of a patient-centred organization.
• High degrees of self-motivation and organization.
• Desire to develop into a top-tier communications professional.
• Ability to work independently, jump into a fast-moving environment and absorb information quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills and integrity.
• Respect for the Company’s hierarchy of responsibilities and decision making.
• Ability to inspire confidence in the VP of Global Government Affairs and the Senior Director of Corporate Communications, as well we senior management, especially with regard to maintaining the Company’s image in public settings.
• Calm perseverance through the inevitable twists and turns of any major project.
To apply, please click Apply Now.