This job has now expired
In this role, you act as an experienced internal and external communications specialist. You work as part of our EMEA Corporate Communications department, reporting to the Head of Communication Strategy and will collaborate with EMEA corporate communication colleagues and the wider global Corporate Affairs team.
- Promote and protect the Cargill brand and reputation by supporting activities to position the corporation with external stakeholders and working closely with colleagues across the Communications, Government Relations and Corporate Responsibility function
- Support Cargill businesses to meet their specific external and internal communications requirements and to support their commercial and business strategies.
- Advise and support Senior Management on the development and implementation of effective external and internal communication initiatives (media, public relations, reputation).
- Provide crisis communications and issues support, leading crisis response activities where appropriate and providing counsel to senior management.
- Develop and execute effective communication tactics and programmes to support the Cargill reputation and EMEA business objectives and strategies, using appropriate media, methods and content to ensure focused communications that are correctly tailored to the needs of audiences in a multi country/cultural environment.
- Initiate cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration.
- Manage the activities and budgets of in-country PR firms.
- Manage EMEA external press inquiries, including writing press statements, translations and Q&A.
- Assist in the development and alignment of messages and communications materials across the region.
- Educated to University degree level equivalent or higher.
- 5-7 years experience in Corporate Communication, media or in the Corporate Affairs department of a large multinational company/agency.
- Experience of developing and implementing communication initiatives relating to complex business requirements and company reputation building initiatives.
- Experience in implementing and coordinating internal communication strategies across a region.
- Extensive experience in media relations, managing both incoming media inquiries and developing strategies to proactively engage and position organisations with print, broadcast and online media.
- Excellent writing skills and experience of preparing communication tools for both internal and external audiences, such as press releases, Q&A, holding statements, speeches, articles.
- Previous experience in B2B Communications would be a distinctive advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and written. A good command of French and/or Dutch/German would be a plus.
- Excellent understanding of communication methods, media and practices and excellent planning and organizational skills with experience of maintaining progress with multiple deadlines/initiatives.
- Good counselling skills developed through experience of working with executives at senior management level.
- A good understanding of the roles and services of communication agencies/suppliers and experience in successfully managing project budgets.
- Excellent understanding of new technology and communication applications such as intranet and social media.
- Experience and awareness in interacting with people of multiple cultures. Interest in working in an international organisation and an affinity with a multi cultural environment.
- A self-starter and team player.
- A robust personality, with strong interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Hands-on, able to work autonomously but with the ability to know when to ask for help/advice.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, our privately held company employs 140,000 people in 65 countries. We help customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and are committed to sharing our global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges.
Any direct application is forwarded to VMA Group
In the first instance please send your CV via email to Els Brands on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EBH1208-111
VMA Group is the global resourcing specialist for corporate communications and HR.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/