This job has now expired
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) distributes the heritage share of funds raised by the National Lottery. We allocate around millions each year to an amazing variety of projects including historic buildings, fine art, industrial heritage, wildlife, cultural traditions, parks, and places of worship • in short everything that has been important in the formation and the character of everyone in the UK.
We are continuing to develop our national media relations activity • especially within the consumer press and with radio, TV and the web in order to pro-actively promote our work and achievements in these areas.
- Applicant liaison and press release drafting and distribution to support monthly grant announcements, openings and events as appropriate including drafting of statements
- Proactively identify and create ‘added value‘ opportunities for enhanced news and feature coverage of HLF across national and specialist media linked to corporate communication objectives, especially regarding promotion of HLF‘s Young Roots programme and other young people-related projects
- Day-to-day handling of media enquiries, deciding on appropriate response and keeping the line manager and department informed as appropriate
- Ongoing development of HLF‘s presence on social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Keep a watching brief on daily media coverage and ensure issues of the day which affect HLF are brought to the attention of the Corporate Media Team, Press Office or Management Group, as appropriate, in a timely fashion
- The preparation and dissemination of internal and external corporate PR calendar dates to share with colleagues, stakeholders, NLPU, partners, as required, highlighting any potential clashes with HLF activity
If you would like to apply for this post, please visit the vacancies section of our website www.hlf.org.uk and complete the application form stating how you meet the criteria within the Person Specification.
This role will close on Monday 8th October 2012. Interviews will take place in London on 23 October 2012.
If you have not had a response within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.