Media Relations Manager
Our client is a construction business whose contracts include the largest construction projects underway in the UK today. The scale, the ground breaking technology being used, the huge economic implications and the effect some of these projects will have on society means that our client’s reputation is under constant and intense scrutiny from the media. They are recruiting a Media Relations Manager to join this intensely ambitious environment.
As the Media Relations Manager you will:
• Actively promote the corporate reputation with all media - from national and local, to trade, technical and international.
• Cover print, broadcast and new media outlets managing proactive communication campaigns and crisis communications responses.
• Develop stories and create campaigns, championing our work and achievements.
• Develop innovative and creative approaches to communicating the scale and complexity of our work and managing the issues we face.
To qualify as the Media Relations Manager you must:
• Demonstrate your ability to working collaboratively and flexibly, and often to tight deadlines.
• Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders within a business environment and external stakeholders across all relevant media.
• Prove your ability to respond swiftly and effectively to a vast array of media enquiries tailoring your communications to your audience.
• Be able to communicate complex and detailed information in a clear, concise and compelling way as well as contribute to communications plans and organise media and filming visits to project sites
• Have a track record of taking the initiative to deliver an excellent media relations service.
• Produce clear, concise written material, to managing media enquiries and briefing effectively on complex and technical issues.
• Have worked in a busy press office for a large business, government organisation or communications agency contributing to the formation and delivery of campaigns.
If you are interested in helping to deliver world class infrastructure programmes and would like more information including a job description then contact Tom Ewen on 020 7340 6480. To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE QUOTE TE/TRANS ON YOUR APPLICATION
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.