PR & Communications Manager
We are one of the most heavily PR-ed startups in the UK, recently named 3rd best company to work for by Wired Magazine. We have had extensive press coverage ranging from television exposure with BBC News, and CNN, repeated coverage in several broadsheets newspapers to featuring in the trade press with the likes of Techcrunch, Business Insider and more.
Above all we serve a grand purpose: allowing people to live the dream of building their own business. We allow anyone and everyone to start selling their time and skills online as with the convenience of selling an item on eBay. Above all we allow people and companies around the world to access that talent easily, quickly and securely.
We are looking for someone to elevate our PR machine to the next level, be the embodiment of our values and act as a brand ambassador to communicate our purpose and mission to a much wider audience.
You will ultimately act as brand manager, handling all PR activity, managing PR agencies (one in London and one in NYC), media relations, blogger outreach, social media, events coordination, and content production for a variety of assets including the blog.
You will work closely with the founder to originate and execute campaigns that will increase awareness and positioning of the PeoplePerHour brand.
Skills & Background
- 5+ years of experience in PR and brand management/ Ideally you will have worked both in an agency environment and in an in-house role.
- Extensive experience of dealing with PR agencies and journalists.
- Experience in strategic messaging and positioning. You must have an uncanny ability to construct an effective message or story that resonates with the target group.
- Deep understanding of generating virality and word of mouth via social media: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
- Deep understanding of how to identify and reach out to influencers and transform them into brand ambassadors.
- You must be a passionate brand ambassador that knows how to spin a story and gain coverage across all relevant media channels.
- You must be a great coordinator and presenter who can organize vents and engage with people.
- Experience in working with creative for production of marketing material.
What we look for
You must be active on social media and have the following:
- Portfolio of media coverage achieved in previous roles.
- You must be an active blogger with samples of excellent written work.
- Creativity, drive and passion.
- Deep understanding and commitment to the PeoplePerHour purpose.
- Self starter; a doer and not just a talker.
- Ability to manage people and execute relentlessly.
- A natural networker and outgoing personality.
- To be based in central London (Earls Court).
- To start immediately.
- Salary: competitive base + stock options. We are more motivated in getting the best talent, rather than the cheapest.
If you would like to find out more about People Per Hour then please visit our site at: http://www.peopleperhour.com