Civitas: The Institute for the Study of Civil Society, Westminster
Salary – competitive, dependent on experience
Leading independent think tank Civitas is seeking a dynamic communications manager with a solid track record in communications, PR or journalism to manage and enhance the organisation’s output, expanding its presence and influence.
The role consists of two strands:-
- Writing and circulating press releases quickly and effectively
- Pitching to and liaising with journalists and producers
- Horizon-scanning for media opportunities alongside prompt reaction to news agenda
- Effective utilisation of social media channels and the internet to generate publicity and promote publications
- Monitoring and compiling media coverage.
- Developing and implementing a marketing strategy for Civitas publications
- Identifying and continually refreshing lists of key policy stakeholders and ensuring publications not only reach them but are read
- Promoting publications to booksellers and other commercial outlets
- Condensing research into pithy summaries for a variety of audiences
- Promoting the work of the organisation through the website and regular email and mail shots.
The ideal candidate is a graduate with a communications, PR or journalism background who is a strategic operator and excellent communicator. The ability to work effectively under pressure is essential. Strong media contacts are highly desirable.
This is a permanent position with a three month probation period.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role by clicking the 'Apply now' button
Closing date 09/12/12