Press Officer - consumer banking issues - are you fearless and would love to be a spokesperson?
Do you think you could step up and advise a CEO and act as a company spokesperson? Do you have an opinion on consumer protection? Are you able to talk about the issues surrounding credit unions and looking to work at the coal-face of the media? This financial services organisation has a diverse, collegiate and supportive culture. You will have the autonomy to devise and implement proactive PR campaigns as well as handling a great deal of consumer banking issues.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Press Officer role are:
- Step up to the mark and calmly handle crisis communications for tricky consumer facing banking and consumer protection issues
- Use your intellectual rigour to develop proactive strategic corporate communications campaigns for a complex and fast changing organisation
- You will be responsible for building relationships across an enormous retail financial services business
- Learn from your team members on how to provide superior strategic counsel and expert media advice to senior management
- Enjoy being a spokesperson and being part of a busy press office
Key attributes and experience for this Press Officer role are:
- Have considerable experience of reacting to coal-face issues and hold national media contacts
- Be comfortable advising senior management
- Some personal finance contacts are required
- Perhaps currently working as a Press Officer for a banking press office or a group function of a listed corporate, or an Account Manager from a financial services agency who has handled complex clients
To be considered to join this financial services organisation in this exciting yet challenging Press Officer role, please click Apply Now
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.