Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary £48,500 per annum
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a leading Humanitarian organisation working to alleviate poverty to the poorest people in the world. We at the International Office, Birmingham are dynamic and dedicated people working to assist our fellow people to have a better life.
Fellow colleagues at the International Office are from all parts of the world, ethnic origin and age working closely together with a sense of purpose and commitment .
- Contributing to organisation-wide decision-making and continuous learning, change and improvement processes;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the overall organisational strategy, key policies and primary processes;
1. Ensure that public communications, messages, public policy, advocacy and campaigning priorities of the organisation reach a wider audience to influence, involve and inspire people to the issues and vision that are core to IRW.
2. To lead and strengthen IRW’s visibility, image, influence and external relations by actively engaging with the wider humanitarian and development community and specifically by:
- Leading the development and utilisation of a consistent, coherent, meaningful and positive IRW image and set of core policy and advocacy messages.
- Strengthening the messages, profile and recognition of IRW and information on its activities through proactive communications and engagement;
- Leading on and coordinating IRW’s high level engagements, external relations and advocacy work.
- Speaking at and learning from conferences and other public forums;
- Representing IRW and engaging meaningfully with institutional donor agencies, umbrella organisations, networks and other key stake holders.
1. To lead on smooth and systematic communication and cooperation throughout the organisation by actively supporting cross-organisational processes by:
- Overseeing the development of a well-coordinated organisational communication system;
- Overseeing the development of and ensuring the utilisation of improved systems for archiving, reporting and sharing of information.
2. Lead the division in influencing decision makers in the UK and globally in order to achieve policy changes and actions that have impact on poverty eradication and social justice.
1. To lead on the development, implementation and regular review of the division’s strategy, work plans, and systems that ensure the following:
- Divisional objectives are monitored and achieved on the basis of KPIs;
- The efficient planning and management of the division’s work;
- To lead and provide effective and efficient management to the division’s departments;
- The division is appropriately staffed to achieve the divisional objectives.
- That the division continuously analyses and adapts to the risks and opportunities posed by both internal and external changing environments;
- Timely and efficient divisional decision-making;
- Sound financial and resource management;
- An efficient and effective surge capacity of the wider organisation that ensure IRW's timely and effective response to humanitarian disasters;
- Assure the quality of programmes and services;
- Active and continuous monitoring, evaluating, learning and benchmarking within the division;
- The development and utilisation of partnerships, networks, institutional relations and funding opportunities;
- The Partners and field structure are supported consistently and adequately, and are able to fully utilise IRW's strategic guidance and technical support;
- That all reporting requirements and obligations are met;
2. To ensure that the Communication Division is:
- Utilising good practise which is in line with all relevant legislation which in turn leads to recognition from outside bodies;
- In line with Partner, donor and field structure needs and requirements;
- Developed and managed in a way that minimises organisational risk;
- In line with the broader organisational strategy;
- In line with the various codes of conduct that IRW is committed to;
- Effectively and efficiently coordinated internally and externally;
- Regularly reviewed, updated and learned from;
- Mutually owned;
- Ultimately having a positive impact on the people and communities that IRW works with and for.
3. To ensure staff performance, development and satisfaction in the division by:
- Managing issues of employee relations in coordination with the Personnel Department;
- Effectively line managing department managers in the division;
- Developing and maintaining a learning-conducive environment within the division;
- Monitoring and improving staff performance through regular one-to-one and divisional meetings; periodic reviews and appraisals; and the development and enforcement of staff learning/development plans;
- Leading, facilitating and encouraging team work and divisional communication;
- Ensuring that staff, volunteers and consultants operate in a safe and healthy work environment.
- To ensure and proactively promote and foster a culture in which Islamic principles, values and approaches which are adopted by IRW are consistently respected, applied and complied with in the delivery of the country / division / unit objectives and in the conduct of its employees.
- Responsible for maintaining own professional development.
- To comply with IRW’s policies and procedures in undertaking the above roles and responsibilities.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that are consistent with the job and at its level of responsibility as and when required by the CEO.
(The closing date for applications is Sunday 2nd Decemeber at Midnight)
To find out more about Islamic Relief Worldwide please visit www.islamic-relief.com or to find out more about the role please download the Full job Description attached.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.