Communications and Stakeholder Manager, Band C
In this role, you will assist the Head of RHI Operations and Ofgem Communications team with the development and liaison of the “core” communications and stakeholder engagement/awareness activities required across the RHI. You will also review existing RHI communications and improve their accessibility, in order to maximise their use by applicants and potential applicants and evaluate the new media options to increase take up of RHI information.
You will produce new media versions of RHI information and offer media relations, stakeholder engagement and internal communications support and advice to the RHI team.
- Communications professional with proven experience of working in a communications role.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to produce simple and creative material to a publishable standard using complex information, to tight deadlines.
- Experience of delivering a range of traditional and new communication media, appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to produce compelling information, which the intended audience will choose to access from technically difficult and rather dry raw material.
- Ability to identify the issues that will be of interest to external audiences, and contribute to communications planning activity.
- Experience of providing stakeholder support and organising stakeholder events, as well as developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Able to map stakeholders and develop appropriate communications for each stakeholder group.
To find out how you can be part of the future of the energy debate, please visit our website to find out more and to apply by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, 3 December 2012.
Please quote reference OFG/961 in all correspondence.
What we offer you: 25 days annual leave; rising to 30 days after two years excellent training and development opportunities the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits flexible working hours and family friendly policies subsidised gym and restaurant (London only) interest free season ticket loan, and an excellent working environment.
CVs will not be accepted or read. Please be aware that candidates may be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process. You will be required to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details, go to http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nationality-rules.pdf
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Promoting choice and value for all gas and electricity customers