This job has now expired
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to recruit a new Head of Public Affairs and Policy for this international development charity. Our client has recently refocused the team and has created a new position to raise their profile across Westminster and Whitehall.
- Provide strategic leadership to a policy and government relations team of 15 staff, with four direct line reports.
- Garner support across the organisation and engage in the Leadership Forum.
- Ensure the development and delivery of well researched evidence-based policy which promotes our client as a ‘go to’ charity with key audiences.
- Coordinate political advocacy activity senior civil servants, Ministers, the UK Parliament, international governments and the public.
- Engage across the charity sphere with peer agency policy and advocacy partners, including participating at NGO and political policy groups.
You will have:
- A passion for children’s rights and development in the UK, globally and locally.
- A track record of managing teams of policy specialists, generalists and government relations experts.
- Experience as a policy professional and a deep understanding of development theory and practice.
- Excellent influencing abilities being equally at home and credible with Ministers, Whitehall, other NGOs and broader networks.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring strategic and operational plans within a demanding organisation.
To apply or to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NB/WRV.