Policy & External Affairs Executive
Ellwood Atfield is recruiting for the trade association for the energy industry. With 70 members they generate more than 90% of UK electricity and supply up to 26 million homes. The memberships is drawn across the sector including the “big six” retailers, electricity generators, network providers, gas and electricity suppliers, as well as a number of businesses that provide equipment and services to the industry.
They are recruiting a Policy & External Affairs Executive to specialise in energy generation issues from renewable, gas, nuclear and alternative technologies.
- Monitor developments in the energy industry, analyse policy and identify trends and issues that impact on the energy sector.
- Formulate the trade association's position on and responses to policy proposals, including drafting policy papers and consultation responses and ensuring member consensus.
- Maintain a good relationship with members in order to understand their needs and how policy impacts on them. Ensure that their issues are being addressed.
• Manage and support member working groups.
- Providing an interface between the industry and government and influencing decision makers to secure the best outcomes for members.
You will have:
- A strong track record in formulating policy responses and influencing decision makers.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- The ability to garner trust of the membership.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge, or interest in, energy and environment policy.
To apply or to find out more please email email@example.com quoting reference NB/EUK. Applications must be in by Thursday 29th November