Senior PR Manager
The main responsibility of this role is to work with and manage the PR agency to proactively develop integrated consumer and corporate PR campaigns and news stories to create quality digital, print and national media exposure for the lastminute.com brand both in the UK & Ireland. The role of PR would be to support and evangelize our products, brand proposition and persona and leadership to create differentiation in a crowded OTA environment, whilst effectively managing and protecting the lastminute.com brand reputation in the UK & Ireland media.
This candidate will also be responsible for handling relevant crisis PR and brand protection, plus managing and measuring the effectiveness of UK/Ire PR (reporting back to the business), aligning with and sharing best practice with the rest of lastminute.com Europe PRs.
To manage the day-to-day relations with the PR agency which involves:
- Maintaining and improving the quality and frequency of weekly coverage in the UK/Ireland press
- Responding to media or customer issues which may cause harm to our brand.
- To work closely with all the product and marketing team internally to support the product promotions, late deals and generate news
- To brief, manage and approve consumer and corporate PR projects in the campaign calendar to support the brand proposition and business profile.
- To work on integrated brand campaign projects with all members of the brand team, and manage the PR element
- To develop relationships with key journalists
- To be responsible for the measurement and analysis of PR and the contribution to the business
- To control the PR budget and manage to effectiveness of our spend
- To liaise with the European lastminute.com markets on a unified PR calendar and to share best practise
- To liaise with the Corporate, Legal and US teams to ensure all company announcements are consistent.
- Solid experience of working on consumer and corporate-facing PR campaigns
- Able to manage a varied workload under time constraints with a can do attitude
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in related role
- Energetic and passionate about the power of PR
- Excellent and communicator comfortable presenting and consulting at senior leadership level
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive team player
- Self motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
- Managing budgets and PR projects
- Working within a small and busy team
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter with salary expectation by clicking on the 'Apply now' button
AGENCIES – we appreciate that you will have some candidates for this role, however we are only sourcing candidate via DIRECT methods and not accepting CV’s from any recruitment agencies. Therefore we ask that you do not contact us about this role.