This job has now expired
A rich heritage. A strong customer focus. An iconic brand. They all add up to make Transport for London a unique organisation – and a great place to develop your career.
Transport for London has a new and exciting position within our Rail & Underground Corporate Communications team, playing a key role in communicating upgrade programmes on the Tube and providing an integrated approach with TfL’s Rail modes. This role will be varied and suit an experienced professional looking for a challenging role within one of London’s most iconic brands. With a particular focus on industry stakeholders, you will be responsible for developing and promoting TfL’s reputation as an innovative and progressive organisation who puts our customers at the heart of everything we do, delivering results whilst providing value for money.
We’re looking for bright and motivated candidates with the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of London’s political structure and how TfL fits within this
- Knowledge of public transport issues and structure, along with an understanding of major project delivery
- Excellent written, oral and presentational communication skills coupled with the ability to plan effectively and analyse results
- Proven experience in leading and delivering communications and developing strategies
- Experience of managing staff is desirable as is working within a changing environment
- Management of suppliers towards delivering an event or producing printed material
- Experience in a cross-section of corporate communication functions, which should include some specific stakeholder communications
- Proven experience in providing briefings to senior staff
- Ability to work with and influence people at all levels
This is a great chance to apply your communications experience to make a positive difference to the way London runs. As well as adding some impressive credentials to your CV, you’ll enjoy the benefits and career opportunities you’d expect from a large, distinctive organisation that combines public sector resources with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Closing date for applications is 7th December 2012 at 23:00.
To apply, please click on the apply button below.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.