Permanent, full time vacancy
Job reference: LC562
Salary range: £38,801 to £44,910 per annum
There has never been a more exciting - or challenging - time to be involved in London’s councils.
Challenging, because funding for public services is reducing, and local government is delivering significant level of savings. Exciting, because London’s boroughs are among the highest performers in the country: making London an exciting place for innovation and leadership.
London’s population is growing and its communities are diverse and mobile. This throws up challenges for fair provision of public services, how to develop new and innovative ways of delivering these services, and how to ensure fair funding to support those services.
London Councils represents and delivers services to the 32 London boroughs and the City of London. We’re looking for a dynamic and fluent individual to help us tell the story of London’s councils, promoting important issues and services to local, specialist and national media.
Your job would be to lead a small, busy media team dealing with all the issues that affect the capital, whether it’s about public health, recycling, new schools or housing.
You would be working with our expert policy teams to develop engaging narratives that tell the story of the challenges facing the capital and how London’s councils are working to meet them. You will work with journalists in the national, trade and regional press to ensure that they understand the work of London’s councils and the environment in which they work.
We’d expect you to be a great writer, eager to promote the vision of the organisation and able to bring innovative ideas to the team. You have to be at home with politics, policy, social media, and be able to handle a diverse range of tasks across the week.
An information pack and application form can be obtained via the following means (please ensure you quote the correct reference number when applying for the post):
The entire recruitment pack can be downloaded from the website by clicking Apply now.
Telephone: 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone)
A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Interviews: Tuesday, 18 December 2012
London Councils is committed to equality of opportunities. As users of the disability symbol, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the post.
- 27 November 2012
- 11 December 2012
- Associations / Institutions, Consumer, Government, Media and New Media, Professional Services
- Corporate Communications, External Affairs, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Manager Associations / Institutions jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Manager Consumer jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Manager Government jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Manager Media and New Media jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Manager Professional Services jobs in London (Central)