Our client is looking for a highly motivated Associate Director to provide senior counsel to clients, colleagues and across the agency. The main parts of your role will be to set the strategy for the PR and communications programme and to lead and develop the account teams to deliver outstanding work for your clients. You will also be able to contribute to the growth of the division by winning new client business and proactively developing existing business.
As an Associate Director you will provide senior support to the Director of Health around the Agency’s newly formed Health offer, encompassing consumer health and wellness, ethical health, med tech and medical device sectors.
Ideally you will have significant experience in stakeholder engagement and issues management within the healthcare industry, preferably for pharmaceutical clients. You will need experience working across a variety of therapeutic areas for ethical health and consumer health and wellness clients.
On a day to day level you will be expected to:
· Take a leading role in planning and developing strategies for global, EMEA and UK campaigns
· Manage campaign activities and budgets
· Provide senior leadership and management of the client relationship
· Contribute strategic insight into the handling of client issues and crisis, providing direction to both the client and the team
· Identify and resolve any client/ budget/ team issues, working with the Director as necessary
· Act as an ambassador for the division and for the company as a whole, develop relationships with key industry figures and help raise the company’s profile in the market
· Identify and develop opportunities for winning new client business and organically growing existing business
· Effectively manage workload and resources
· Act as a sounding board, provide coaching and support for all account team members
A close understanding of digital channels (social media, online media and blogger relations) in planning and conducting PR campaigns for clients would also be useful.