Head of External Affairs
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this national health charity to lead the marketing, brand and communications driving growth and change as part of the leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working with teams across the organisation, you will lead the team that generates quality, targeted media coverage for science and research, fundraising, policy and campaigns and corporate partnerships. You will also develop brand communications that raise profile and awareness.
You’ll have experience of managing/developing a big brand and can demonstrate cut through in a crowded market with a strong track record of delivering creative campaigns and ideas. As Head of External Affairs you’ll:
- Develop and implement the PR activity and integrated marketing campaigns that raise awareness of the organisation across mainstream and specialist media
- Lead Fundraising PR which generates word of mouth and inspires public to take action
- Ensure social media is fully integrated across all campaigns
- Manage press office function to ensure efficient, consistent, media messages, press releases and materials
- Oversee and develop PR activity for the charity’s major corporate partnerships
- Ensure efficient processes are in place to protect consistent brand messaging
- Lead and manage the development of publications and all external communications
You’ll be a creative and inspiring leader, equally at home managing media around scientific breakthrough and planning a celebrity photo-shoot.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing creative PR campaigns from concept to coverage
- Experience of developing and managing a brand
- Experience of leading the development, design and production of publications, magazines and materials
- An understanding and experience of celebrity support and how this can achieve cut through
- A proven leader who can inspire and influence with experience of managing people through change
- Mix of consumer and B2B experience gained in agency, in-house or third sector
- Excellent understanding of and passion for UK media
This is a permanent role, based in London offices with a salary circa £50K.
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins on email@example.com quoting reference SC1210-3
VMA Group is the global resourcing specialist for corporate communications and HR.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/