Junior Press Officer
BeatBullying is seeking a Junior Press Officer to support the charity’s press work, including assisting with selling in stories to the media, proactively spotting PR opportunities, and reporting on the press coverage we receive.
The successful candidate will be a good all-rounder, with strong writing skills, and the ability to work closely young people, journalists and celebrities alike. You will also have an eye for detail, and be a confident user of social networking sites.
This is an extremely exciting time to take up a vital role at a charity that is right at the forefront of digital activity, developing unique ways of volunteering and social action and delivering ground-breaking programmes that change young people’s lives forever.
As BeatBullying’s Junior Press Officer it would be expected that you:
- Help to build a strong positive public profile for BeatBullying through the consistent promotion of our research, reports, surveys and other campaigning and marketing messages
- Support the day-to-day running of an in-house press office, proactively spotting PR opportunities and placing newsworthy stories, case studies and features
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Senior Press Officer to monitor and react to the ongoing news agenda (national, regional and local)
- Help increase and manage BeatBullying’s reputation online, in particular via social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook
- Work with the appropriate internal teams to update a database of real-life case studies able to discuss the positive benefits of BeatBullying’s work
- Help to monitor and evaluate all media coverage of BeatBullying Group and its programmes
To be considered for this role you must submit the completed application pack attached above by clicking "Apply Now".
BeatBullying is a charity that transforms the lives of young people. We aim to tackle a range of social problems through online networks of peer-to-peer support, innovative volunteering opportunities and the use of cutting-edge digital technology.