This job has now expired
Extraordinary Opera, extraordinary people
Glyndebourne is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Press Officer with a proven track record of delivering high profile, consumer-facing media campaigns. You will have a proactive approach and excellent working knowledge of UK media (good working knowledge of international media would also be beneficial). Knowledge of the UK arts media is highly desirable. You will have experience working on multi-platform campaigns (preferably in the arts) or at high profile ‘cultural experience’ organisations. Reporting to the Media Manager your role will involve planning and implementing PR campaigns and help increase awareness of Glyndebourne and opera as an art form.
This is an exciting and varied role offering the opportunity to develop your skills to enhance the organisation’s rich heritage and reach new audiences.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of the UK media and the ability to engage new contacts in national, consumer and specialist print, broadcast and online media
- Press and PR experience in at least one of the following sectors: consumer campaigns, arts, travel & tourism, environment, education
- Ability to develop creative content for use in multi-platform campaigns and the ability to develop and manage new media relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and persuade and influence key stakeholders across the arts
- Good communications skills and excellent written skills, with an exceptional command of English language
- A good team player with the ability to multi task and work proactively and reactively.
To find out more about joining our world-class team, please click the Apply now button.
The closing date for applications is 4 January 2013.
We are an equal opportunities employer.