Press and Public Relations Manager
Are you a hands-on, pro-active media and public affairs specialist, with a commitment to delivery? Do you want to lead a world-class press and public affairs team on an issue which tops the UK’s consumer and political agenda?
We are looking for a manager who combines political acumen with an outstanding PR track record. Acknowledged as a thought leader, we are one of the UK’s largest housing associations and a dynamic social enterprise. At a time when housing continually hits the headlines we manage or own nearly 70,000 homes and are set to become London’s largest developer of new homes.
Specific skills and experience required include:
- Demonstrable pro-active and reputation management PR skills across national, local and specialist media
- Experience in building and leading public affairs and stakeholder relationship management, with local authorities and local MPs as well as Westminster
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- A track record of delivery within complex, fast-moving fields ideally – but not necessarily – gained within housing, planning, regeneration or development.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills, experienced in providing speedy professional responses to the highest levels
- A team player, with the ability to build relationships across the group
The post is based between two Greater London offices (in Stratford and Bexley), and its excellent benefits include an Essential Car User Allowance of an additional £1,250.00.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, this is a key managerial post within a dynamic Communications team, and – with our 50th anniversary celebrations planned throughout next year – a particularly high profile opportunity at this time.
To apply please click Apply now.