This job has now expired
External Communications Assistant (voluntary internship)
London (We are only accepting volunteers living in London. )
Want to learn about the charity sector and develop your PR skills?
Victim Support is offering a voluntary internship in its external communications team. This will be a chance to learn about the charity sector and working in a communications role.
While you will need to have excellent writing skills and attention to detail, adequate support and coaching will be provided for the successful intern.
This Internship will involve:
- Helping Victim Support to run an effective media and external relations (PR) service.
- Supporting delivery of content for Victim Support’s website and supporting social media activity.
- Supporting the wider activities of the Communications and Marketing team as required.
- Helping with the External Communications team’s admin responsibilities.
The role will be supported by the Head of Communications and Marketing, who will also sign off all written work. The internship also works very closely with other members of the Communications and Marketing Team.
This is an opportunity to learn and develop skills in:
- Writing for PR and marketing
- PR, digital media and marketing skills
- Media liaison
- Insight and experience of third sector organisations.
Victim Support is the leading charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected across England and Wales. We also speak out as a national voice for victims and witnesses and campaign for change.
We are not a government agency or part of the police and you don't have to report a crime to the police to get our help. You can call us any time after the crime has happened, whether it was yesterday, last week or several years ago.
We have offices throughout England and Wales and we run the Witness Service in every criminal court.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Deadline: 18 January with informal interviews at the beginning of February.