Salary £26,000 + Competitive benefits
- Responsible for logging and responding to media enquiries, actively protecting/promoting the company.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the media management system, campaign tracking,, enquiry log etc.
- Active role in managing the traditional media profile for Northern Gas Networks, escalating issues and devising responses as appropriate.
- Speaking on behalf of Northern Gas Networks in broadcast interviews and press statements as required.
- Active role in managing our social media profiles; creating content and monitoring/joining conversations as necessary.
- Actively manage the corporate website; overseeing updates where necessary.
- Manage, maintain and build stakeholder relationships, including media contacts, third party providers, councillors, MP’s etc as required.
- Play an active and independent role during crisis management for all incidents, using influencing and negotiation skills to ensure the reputation of the business is protected and promoted.
- Actively seek and identify media and PR opportunities to support the core business.
- Communicate messages internally using identified and established channels.
- Regular interaction and project management with design and print companies.
- Act as a brand ambassador, ensuring that branding is consistent.
- Support on stakeholder engagement and customer experience projects as required
- Any other ad hoc communications duties as required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience of working in a communications based role in a press office, PR function or newsroom.
- A degree in a communications related subject.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence and engage at all levels.
- Flexible – able to travel around the geographical area as and when required; and be available to work during incidents.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadline.
- Experience in delivering effective social media campaigns would be desirable.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.
About Northern Gas Networks Ltd
Northern Gas Networks is the company responsible for distributing gas to homes and businesses across the north of England, serving more than 2.7million customers through 37,000km of pipe