This job has now expired
Salary £26,000 + Competitive benefits
- Responsible for logging and responding to media enquiries, actively protecting/promoting the company.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the media management system, campaign tracking,, enquiry log etc.
- Active role in managing the traditional media profile for Northern Gas Networks, escalating issues and devising responses as appropriate.
- Speaking on behalf of Northern Gas Networks in broadcast interviews and press statements as required.
- Active role in managing our social media profiles; creating content and monitoring/joining conversations as necessary.
- Actively manage the corporate website; overseeing updates where necessary.
- Manage, maintain and build stakeholder relationships, including media contacts, third party providers, councillors, MP’s etc as required.
- Play an active and independent role during crisis management for all incidents, using influencing and negotiation skills to ensure the reputation of the business is protected and promoted.
- Actively seek and identify media and PR opportunities to support the core business.
- Communicate messages internally using identified and established channels.
- Regular interaction and project management with design and print companies.
- Act as a brand ambassador, ensuring that branding is consistent.
- Support on stakeholder engagement and customer experience projects as required
- Any other ad hoc communications duties as required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience of working in a communications based role in a press office, PR function or newsroom.
- A degree in a communications related subject.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence and engage at all levels.
- Flexible – able to travel around the geographical area as and when required; and be available to work during incidents.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadline.
- Experience in delivering effective social media campaigns would be desirable.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.