Head of Issues and Policy
Location: London (Central)
Sector: Financial Services, Government, Technology
This leading European financial services business needs to appoint a Head of Issues and Policy for a 9 month fixed-term contract. The Corporate Communications team is responsible, amongst many strands, for protecting the business’ reputation. As you might expect, issues management around a range of potentially threatening scenarios, as well as regulatory issues would all come under that banner of the ‘expected’ or ‘probable’ threat to reputation a company such as this might be subject to. The key here is to be prepared for the ‘unexpected’ or ‘unlikely’ too!
The following counts:
· The ability to develop a watertight issues management strategy that will ensure the company is best placed to respond to events that could impact on the business and its performance.
· Articulacy and persuasiveness will be brought to the fore as you act as the lead media contact and spokesperson.
. European public affairs/policy knowledge.
. Experience of working in a regulated environment.
· A high-level command as a wordsmith is essential as you’ll be writing briefs regularly.
· The ability to develop PR strategies aligned to those in other strands of the business.
· Effectively collaborate wider corporate communications team.
. Strategic communications planning skills.
If you’re established as a class act in crisis and issues management and you’d like to take advantage of this great opportunity to join a highly professional team contact, Lynn Beaumont or Zoë Hockenhull.