Press Officer - banking issues - take your journalist contacts to a superior level
Do you think you could step up and be a company spokesperson? Would you like to work at the coal-face of the media on front-page stories? This sizable financial services press office is fast paced, issues heavy and incredibly team orientated. You will have the autonomy to devise and implement proactive PR campaigns as well as handling a great deal of issues.
Key responsibilities for this Press Office role are:
- Step up to the mark and calmly handle issue on banking, regulation and consumer protection
- You will be responsible for building relationships across an enormous financial services business to be able to find the right people for back-ground briefings
- Learn from your team member on how to provide superior strategic counsel and expert media advice to senior management
- Deal with heavy weight journalists daily
- Enjoy being a spokesperson for the organisation and being part of a busy press office where no two days are the same
Key attributes and experience for this Press Officer role are:
- Have some PR experience of reacting to coal face issues and hold national media contacts
- Be comfortable advising senior management
- Some personal finance contacts are required
- Perhaps currently working as a press officer for a banking press office or a group function of a listed corporate, or a corporate account manager who has handled complex, issues heavy clients
To be considered to join this financial services organisation in this exciting yet challenging Press Officer role, please click Apply Now
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.