This job has now expired
A versatile Senior PR & Communications Executive is required to work across multichannel media products serving the security and fire industries.
Reporting into a Group Marketing Manager on the same products, but with a dotted line into a Senior PR Manager within the division, the Senior PR & Communications Executive will have solid PR experience, ideally with some experience in exhibitions or conferences.
The Senior PR & Communications Executive should be a self-starter, innovative and creative in developing and implementing communications plans. Willingness to forge relationships with their industries is essential. The Marketing & PR department has a hectic schedule and a high-output production level; the ideal candidate must be able to act under tough deadlines, proactively plan for numerous outcomes, and be reactive to unexpected developments.
• Good PR experience from an agency or in house exhibition background
• Confidence to build and maintain key relationships within the market e.g. press, exhibitors, associations
• Copywriting skills to produce press releases and bespoke editorial content
• The ability to create an angle when publicising information that isn’t traditionally newsworthy
• The ability to prioritise tasks and projects
• Able to work to tight deadlines and on multiple projects
• Calm under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Works well within a team and is liked, valued and respected
• The ability to keep a close eye on cost control and monitor expenditure
• Constantly looking for areas to add value through PR, and new ideas
• Become an ambassador for event brands, fostering key relationships with clients, industry bodies, business leaders and suppliers
• To develop and deliver the PR plan across the security and fire portfolio using all channels
• Develop content initiatives between across wider group of relevant products
• Build close relationships with key editorial teams
• Create and maintain relationships with key press contacts including trade, national, regional and broadcast media
• Create and maintain relationships with key industry associations
• Research and write relevant press releases, articles and content to get exposure for the portfolio and its stakeholders
• Placing and writing preview and review articles of the shows
• To evaluate the success of the PR strategies
• To support the sales team with securing business by providing PR guidance to existing and potential exhibitors
• To evolve key partner programme to ensure key exhibitors are supported through bespoke PR programmes
• To constantly explore new revenue generating opportunities through PR initiatives such as Virtual Press Office and press packages
• To continually search traditional and online media for new areas to proactively achieve press coverage for the portfolio’s products
• To ensure the communication of PR results to the rest of the team to aid both the sales and marketing of events
• To liaise with other PR teams throughout the business to share best practice and ensure cost effective contracts with suppliers
• Managing supplier relationships including media database provider, film production, photographer, etc.
• Conducting research projects in order to gain national, vertical and trade press coverage
• Assisting with the management of the onsite press office and related staff and services
For more information about this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Visit www.prospectresourcing.com for our latest vacancies.