This job has now expired
Press and Public Affairs Manager, Leading Non-Profit Organisation
Our client is an organisation at the forefront of a crucial and often controversial area of social policy. They are looking for a Press and Public Affairs Manager to join their dynamic communications team, in a newly created role.
The role will involve:
- Leading, developing and directing a team to deliver the press and media coverage to promote our client’s reputation and protect it from risk.
- Formulating strategy and advising Group Board, Executive Group and senior management on stakeholder relationships.
- Managing and delivering the management of cost-effective media and public affairs strategies with key audiences.
- Maintaining and developing good relationships with key trade, local and national journalists, and key stakeholders, at both Westminster and local authority with.
- Creating, setting and managing budgets.
- Delivering presentations, reports, papers and briefings, as necessary.
- Regularly monitoring and auditing the results of external and internal communications activities and providing report and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience in implementing national proactive media campaigns and public affairs strategies.
- Have experience managing and developing a team of skilled professionals to direct and motivate them to perform at world class standards under pressure.
- Have experience of setting and managing significant budgets.
- Have experience commissioning, briefing and managing external agencies.
- Possess excellent IT and digital communications skills
If you have the skills and experience to fit this role please contact Max Wiltshire at Max@jflrecruit.com.
Salary: Circa £45k-£50k, plus excellent benefits