This job has now expired
The thriving healthcare practice in this global network firm is seeking a new Director or Associate Director level candidate with specific expertise in oncology and cardiology. The healthcare offering is fully integrated providing strategic support across PR, Medical Education and Public Affairs. The largest of 13 healthcare teams in Europe, this practice is a core part of the firm’s wider healthcare offering globally
This new successful hire will join the healthcare senior management team and lead the comms strategy for several global pharma clients both globally and in the UK. They will also be responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic communications; building long-standing relationships with clients and colleagues across the network; leading junior members of the team and working with the senior management team on new business initiatives.
• Provide senior client counsel, becoming a trusted advisor; positioning the firm as strategic partner and developing overarching strategy to accomplish client objectives.
• Lead on strategic thinking and drive innovation across all communications platforms, particularly digital; developing overarching strategy to accomplish client objectives and coordinating implementation.
• Ensure business objectives are achieved through development and management of team members; manages capacity within the team, ensuring client accounts remain profitable for the company.
• Coordinate administration of accounts, including budget development and management, invoices/payments, reporting, contract management, and record keeping and filing.
• Spearhead new business efforts and drives organic growth by successfully converting new business or services proposals into revenue.
• Supervise and train junior staff, provide quality control, and determine workflow.
• Becomes ambassador for company at internal and external events.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Significant experience leading strategic communications programmes for leading pharma brands, particularly in oncology or CV.
• A creative thinker with a track record of providing senior client counsel with the ability to influence at a senior level
• Thinks creatively and globally, generates profitability
• Ability to mentor and develop junior members of the team
• Successful track record in new business development – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
This firm has been a leader in the integrated communications business for 60 years and this continues today, irrespective of medium. This is because the firm hires the best people from all areas of communications, and develop their talent as communicators through their best-in-class HR programmes. They have a solid and structured approach to individual career development and regularly reward and promote success within the company. The fact they have a varied mix of clients who range in size means that each team member has the opportunity to work across a diverse and challenging client portfolio.