Head of Communications
Head of Communications, Major Charity
Our client is a pioneering charity with an international reach. They are looking for a Head of Communications to lead their team in delivery a compelling and engaging communications strategy.
The role will involve:
- Developing and implementing a proactive communications strategy covering both internal and external communications
- Acting as a media spokesperson, overseeing relationships and communications with journalists and celebrities, as well as staff and volunteers
- Acting as a key link across the organisation for high profile visits and activities
- Ensuring that the charity has robust crisis management procedures in place
- Leading, motivating and managing staff in the Communications Team, through robust performance management arrangements
- Managing and being accountable for the communications budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written communication skills
- Have proven experience of a Senior Communications role, including dealing with the general public and the media
- Have experience of managing staff and budgets
- Be proactive, able to take the initiative, and willing to go the extra mile
- Be a good team player
If you have the skills and experience to fit this role please contact Max Wiltshire at Max@jflrecruit.com.
Salary: Circa £45,000 plus outstanding benefits
About JFL Search & Selection
JFL is a specialist recruitment consultancy for the communications sector. We recruit from entry to Board Director level, across PR, corporate communications, public affairs, digital and social media.