In-house Corporate Communications Manager Dubai
Based in Dubai, this newly created Corporate Communications Manager position is a standalone role, but with the full support of the London based PR team. The remit will be to educate individuals in the Dubai office on communications best practice, whilst developing and implementing an ongoing PR strategy for the Gulf region.
Listed on NASDAQ with a US headquarters, this global investment management organisation has over 30 offices around the globe. This role will be based in a 40 strong office in the heart of Dubai’s financial centre and will closely with sales and marketing as well as manage external agency support.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Corporate Communications Manager role:
- Your influencing skills will be put to the test, in this newly created role and you will be expected to build relationships and credibility at speed
- Use your creativity and thought-leadership expertise to develop a comprehensive PR strategy, which will positively position the company and promote investment products to both the retail and institutional markets
- Manage media activity across the Gulf region and co-ordinate communications activities across Central and Eastern Europe
- Educate and media train key spokespeople within the business
- Devise the strategy, manage an external PR agency and handle regional crisis situations
- Internally communicate the highlights of your communications activities and company landmarks
Key attributes and experience for this Corporate Communications Manager role:
- Candidates must have strong asset/investment management sector knowledge and worked at PR Manager level in-house or Senior Account Director in a PR agency
- An understanding of the Middle East or international markets
- Demonstrate that you are able to influence strong personalities
- Gravitas and resilience to get a newly created role off the ground
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously, confidence to make important decisions and creativity to present intelligent solutions
- Arabic is not essential but useful
- Be committed to a move to Dubai (no relocation package) or currently seeking a new opportunity within the Gulf
To be considered for this Corporate Communications Manager role please click to apply
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.