This job has now expired
Your work will extend across a wide range of communication activities – media, online and marketing materials. And as the pivotal communications link between all partners in the Thameslink Programme, you’ll ensure we present a single and consistent industry story.
- Key role in a high-profile project
- Put the right communication campaigns in place at the right time
- Fast-paced and challenging environment
- Stretch your corporate communications skills to the full
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. We are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures this country has ever seen, including the £6m Thameslink Programme which will offer more trains and better journeys for passengers on the route running north-south through London.
Our work on Thameslink touches the lives of thousands every day. And as well as a complete redevelopment of London Bridge station, coming projects include major improvements to miles of track and signalling. So it’s no wonder that we’re constantly in the public eye and that everyone has an opinion. Your challenge in this key role will be to ensure that those opinions are accurate, positive and well-informed.
Gathering information across the rail industry on planned disruptions, you’ll develop and deliver communications campaigns to raise awareness of them. Your work will extend across a wide range of communication activities – media, online and marketing materials. And as the pivotal communications link between all partners in the Thameslink Programme, you’ll ensure we present a single and consistent industry story.
- Proven talent for presenting complex material in a simple, understandable way
- Ability to combine traditional PR and communications activity with promotional marketing
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong grasp of online marketing and social networking
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please visit networkrail.co.uk/careers and insert ‘IRC637768’ into the keyword search.
Closing date: 31 January 2013.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button