Senior Media Relations Manager, Global Banking and Markets, Asia Pacific
Our client, is seeking an experienced, highly energetic and creative communications professional to be a senior media relations partner for one of the leading wholesale banking and markets franchises in Asia Pacific.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, Global Banking and Markets, Asia Pacific, the successful candidate will draw on their media relations experience and industry and product knowledge to:
Build outstanding relationships with Global Banking and Markets business heads and key media
- Become a trusted advisor to Global Banking and Markets business heads by demonstrating insight into the challenges and opportunities the business faces, constructive advice on how to respond to those, and consistency in delivering on commitments.
- Be instrumental in developing a coherent regional media relations strategy for Global Banking and Markets in Asia Pacific that is aligned with its commercial strategy, as well as with Global Banking and Markets’ and the Group’s broader strategic objectives
- Help create and evolve a compelling narrative for Global Banking and Markets media relations, in line with the broader Asian and global narratives for Global Banking and Markets and the Group.
- Proactively identify and capitalize on coverage opportunities created by the industry trends, the business’s successes, rankings, transactions, appointments and so on.
- Play a leading part in managing Global Banking and Markets’ frequent interaction with the media, co-ordinating responses to media enquiries in a timely manner
- Carefully manage risk by maintaining constant dialogue with the regional corporate media relations team and country-based media relations teams. A strong understanding of the regulatory dynamics and other influences reshaping the financial markets and investment banking industry will be required.
- Manage reputational issues through clear and close co-ordination with the business and communications colleagues, as well as strong advocacy skills and good relationships with the media.
- Work closely with Employee Communications to ensure that positive stories are told internally as well as externally.
• University degree in a communications/marketing discipline preferred
• Proven experience and track record in communications, with an excellent history in campaign management
• Strong track record in creating and delivering successful strategic communications
• Deep understanding of employee communications policy, channels and messages, with a broad, expert-level knowledge of communications trends and best practices
• Solid banking knowledge with relevant experience across a broad spectrum of markets and conditions
• Excellent strategic leadership and planning and people and project management skills
• Proven ability in dealing with senior executives
• Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
• Fluency in English, with proficiency in Cantonese a plus
This is an excellent opportunity and if you wish to find out more please contact Katrina Andrews on +852 5808 2526 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications