This job has now expired
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company and they are looking for a talented External Communications Manager. The primary objective of the role is to manage the execution and measurement of the communications programme which is critical to the company’s success.
Based in the UK you will be part of the corporate communications team reporting to the Director of Corporate Brand and Communications. You will manage a range of corporate communications activities, initiatives and services to enhance and safeguard the company’s reputation globally, to help shape the environment in which it operates, and support business success.
This is an expansive role and on a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- leading specific corporate communications initiatives and programmes outlined in the annual plan and as required by business need
- working constructively across the business to gain input into, and support for, specific programmes
- supporting quarterly financial results reporting, project management and editing of key investor relations materials
- managing the corporate brand across the business including providing expert counsel on the application of the corporate brand and managing relevant guidance and resources
- providing support in managing speaking platforms and stakeholder engagement programmes for the CEO and other senior leaders
- managing key processes in support of crisis and issues management
- developing and maintaining a network of stakeholders
You will also serve as a flexible resource for the corporate affairs function as needed when timely resource and/or prioritisation is required.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, generalist external communications expert used to developing and implementing communication programmes; developing external communications collateral; managing digital assets (eg websites) and able to support the corporate brand during crisis/issues/incidents.
Corporate communications and media handling experience desirable. It is essential that you have experience in developing and implementing global communications programmes, including use of internal engagement/communications to ensure effective delivery of global programmes. Good understanding of pharmaceutical industry issues and pharmaceutical communications plus familiarity with regulatory environment in which the industry operates would be beneficial.