This job has now expired
Thomson Reuters Foundation, the charitable arm of the world’s leading provider of news and information, is committed to empowering people in need around the world with trusted information and free legal assistance. Its initiatives stand for better governance, greater transparency, women’s rights, more effective humanitarian relief and a robust global press.
With over 60 staff members around the world - including over 20 journalists - and offices in 10 locations across the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe, the Foundation has quickly become a point of reference in the corporate philanthropic world. Through our flagship services AlertNet, TrustLaw and TrustMedia), some of our high profile initiatives include:
- Trust Women, an annual conference looking for concrete actions to put the rule of law behind women’s rights. In December 2012 we brought together people like Nobel laureates Aung San Suu Kyi and Shirin Ebadi, Queen Noor of Jordan and Oscar winner Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.
- Aswat Masriya, an independent news website launched in Egypt in 2012 which has become “the” source of reference on the political process in Egypt.
- TrustLaw Connect, our award winning service, through which the best NGOs and social entrepreneurs in the world are getting free legal support from the best law firms and corporations.
We are now seeking an exceptional individual to lead the Foundation’s Communications and PR strategy globally. Reporting to the CEO and with the support of a communications team based in London, the Director of Communications’ key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing the overall communication and PR strategy for the Foundation globally
- Managing relationships with all media contacts, top media partners in particular
- Oversight and coordination of all major events, in particular the Trust Women Conference
- Designing and supervising the Foundation’s social media strategy
- Supporting the CEO in all communications
The ideal candidate
- We are looking for someone exceptional who can take full advantage of the vast communication resources we have at the Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Someone who can manage a small team that serves a global audience. We work as much with media in London as we do in Delhi or Nairobi
- Someone with at least 10 years experience in Communications and/or PR roles
- An exceptional communicator, with fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages would be a plus
- You will have a great understanding of social media, online communities and new communication channel
- Having experience and/or a good understanding of social, humanitarian and environmental issues would be highly preferable
This position is based in London and the salary is negotiable according to qualifications. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 23 January 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button and send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to with subject line “Director of Communications”.