PR Consultant – Corporate and Financial Services
Our client, a leading corporate communications consultancy is looking for a PR consultant to work on a range of corporate media relations and reputation management programmes.
Candidates must have a broad interest in the role of communications in reputation management, as they will work for a variety of clients in a range of sectors. Approximately three years experience in financial or professional services PR is required for this exciting opportunity. Time spent in a consultancy environment is important but not imperative; an acknowledgement of the increasing importance of digital communications is vital. The consultancy are at the leading edge of reputation management thinking, with planning, insights and creativity at the heart of everything they do with knowledge and expertise across disciplines, including corporate reputation, public affairs, emergency relations, employee engagement, digital media and corporate responsibility.
· Use of creative thinking to develop media stories and opportunities
· Provide excellent client service and use developed first-rate journalist relationships.
· To work collaboratively as part of broader agency teams, to ensure the team delivers high quality work within tight deadlines
· Reputation/Issues management
· Media relations, including digital communications
· Potential to work on proactive corporate communications programmes activity
· Work across a wide range of professional/financial clients
- 3 years + financial and or professional services PR experience gained in-house or within an agency environment
- A good foundation of communications skills and knowledge
- Passion for the media (including digital) and current affairs
- Offer sound advice to clients and understand their priorities and their business
- Strong writing and creative thinking ability
- Adept at working in teams to deliver outstanding results on campaigns
- Track record in working in new business pitch teams is desirable
- A good degree is classification is essential
- Intellectual rigour with the ability to grasp the thrust of an argument
- Keen to be inspired and challenged, albeit within a supportive atmosphere
- Confident and approachable with the personal presence, authority and impact to be a credible representative of the consultancy or its clients
- Excited by the new world communications order, especially the role of digital
- Unfailing commitment to delivering work of the highest standards
- Naturally collaborative - someone who enjoys working within multi-disciplinary teams but without losing the ability to be a self-started and work autonomously
In return you can expect:
A competitive base salary and annual bonus scheme plus generous contributory pension scheme medical insurance, life assurance and wellbeing fund. Holiday allowance is 25 days, rising by a day a year after two years’ service to a maximum of 30 days. Opportunities to contribute to the continued growth of the consultancy are excellent.