Senior PR Officer
Senior PR Officer
Salary Depending on experience
We are a global FM company that specialises in outsourcing. We work as a strategic partner to our clients in the healthcare, defence, corporate services, justice services, education and sports and leisure markets.
We design, manage and deliver comprehensive service solutions for our clients that range from foodservice to construction management, reception to the maintenance of scanners and laboratory equipment, management of data centres to leisure cruises and from housekeeping to rehabilitation services at correctional facilities.
We are now looking to recruit a full time in-house PR professional to proactively seek PR opportunities for the company. Reporting to the head of press and PR, the role is part of a very busy central press and PR team and will focus on the company’s UK and Ireland business. .
General responsibilities will include handling press enquiries, writing press releases, features, advertorials, opinion pieces, organising photo calls and interviews, and building media relations with the relevant trade and regional media.
- a genuine passion and drive for proactive media relations and networking with journalists to build long term relationships
- strong ability to successfully secure and generate consistent positive media coverage both locally and nationally, and ability to find creative media solutions and generate new ideas
- excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- to act as first point of contact for media enquiries ensuring all requests are managed quickly and effectively
- crisis and incident communications planning and implementation with ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with competing priorities
- at least four years’ experinece in PR and crisis communications
- knowledge and/or experience in working with major private and public sector institutions, stakeholders and NGOs such as blue chip companies, the NHS, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice, and trade organisations.
- ability to work flexibly as part of a busy PR team
- a can do attitude and the ability to meet short deadlines
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.