As the UK’s leading debt advice charity, we provide a range of practical and effective services to help our clients get their finances back in shape and their lives back on track.
That’s what makes working here so rewarding. You’re not just doing a job. You are making a genuine positive difference to people when they need it most. It’s rewarding in other ways too. Our employees tell us that they enjoy being part of such a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment.
We are looking to appoint a Media Officer to join our busy press office in London.
You will support the delivery of our media strategy by generating media coverage that increases awareness of the charity among its target audiences, with a particular focus on consumers and those struggling with debt.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- providing a consistent, professional and timely response to media enquiries
- proactively securing media coverage, with a particular focus on consumer media
- initiating, developing and maintaining media contacts among the national, local and specialist media including print, television, radio and online
- producing reports and summaries on current media activity
You will need experience of journalism, PR or communications work that will enable you to develop strong media relations and effectively promote our services.
You will need to demonstrate:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- good written skills, with the ability to produce high quality creative, effective and accurate written materials and PR information
- an awareness of current affairs and personal finance
StepChange Debt Charity is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we place great importance and value in the training and development of all our employees.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button