This job has now expired
You will know this high street brand from their food, banking and legal businesses, amongst others. They have asked Ellwood Atfield to recruit a Senior Public Affairs Manager. This is a new role, reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and managing a team of three. You will develop, protect and enhance the corporate reputation of company and its commercial and corporate interests.
- Develop and implement a set of progressive and compelling proactive public affairs strategies tailored to a complex matrix of external stakeholders.
- Manage the planning, development and implementation of the public affairs activities to ensure effective reputational management of reactive issues.
- Build on a strong culture of business partner engagement to meet and exceed commercial and corporate priorities.
- Horizon-scan the political environment to ensure the early identification of opportunities and threats to optimise reputational gain and to minimise risk.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of public affairs professionals to ensure effective delivery of public affairs interventions, meeting the requirements of the relevant businesses.
You will have:
- A thorough understanding of legislative processes at EU, UK, devolved and local level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate persuasive influencing techniques.
- A broad understanding of commercial drivers within consumer-facing industries.
- Proven ability to network and develop relationships with a wide range of audiences, drawn from both the commercial and political communications world.
- Line management experience ensuring that you can manage and develop your team.
Importantly you will have substantial public affairs experience, ideally with a background in financial services. You can find out more or apply by email email@example.com sending your CV and quoting reference CPAM/NB. Please note that applications must be made by Monday 28 January 2013.