Senior Public Affairs Manager
You will know this high street brand from their food, banking and legal businesses, amongst others. They have asked Ellwood Atfield to recruit a Senior Public Affairs Manager. This is a new role, reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and managing a team of three. You will develop, protect and enhance the corporate reputation of company and its commercial and corporate interests.
- Develop and implement a set of progressive and compelling proactive public affairs strategies tailored to a complex matrix of external stakeholders.
- Manage the planning, development and implementation of the public affairs activities to ensure effective reputational management of reactive issues.
- Build on a strong culture of business partner engagement to meet and exceed commercial and corporate priorities.
- Horizon-scan the political environment to ensure the early identification of opportunities and threats to optimise reputational gain and to minimise risk.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of public affairs professionals to ensure effective delivery of public affairs interventions, meeting the requirements of the relevant businesses.
You will have:
- A thorough understanding of legislative processes at EU, UK, devolved and local level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate persuasive influencing techniques.
- A broad understanding of commercial drivers within consumer-facing industries.
- Proven ability to network and develop relationships with a wide range of audiences, drawn from both the commercial and political communications world.
- Line management experience ensuring that you can manage and develop your team.
Importantly you will have substantial public affairs experience, ideally with a background in financial services. You can find out more or apply by email email@example.com sending your CV and quoting reference CPAM/NB. Please note that applications must be made by Monday 28 January 2013.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.