External Relations Director
External Relations Director
Our client is a leading global organisation that supports Governments to deliver public services.
Summary of job:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced public affairs and communications professional to join a thriving company seeking to make a real difference to the way defence, policing and criminal justice is delivered in the UK public sector.
Are you excited by the challenge of creating an external relations department in the UK arm of this leading, multi-billion dollar global organisation?
Do you want to work with a senior leadership team supporting UK and international governments in the policing, criminal justice and defence sectors?
As External Relations Director you will be responsible for increasing the organisation’s influence and impact throughout the public and political landscape.
- You will have the skill and experience to create a multi-stakeholder external relations strategy and plan that delivers against the organisation’s business needs – and the drive to act as the primary implementer of your plan
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent commercial acumen and desire to work as part of a close-knit strategic senior leadership team
- You will have extensive experience in external relations – including public affairs and communications – and will have worked at a senior level across the public or private sector, either in-house or at a consultancy
- You will possess an understanding of the central/local Government decision making process
- You will demonstrate strong media relations experience, both in handling crises successfully and in proactive campaigning
- Ideally you will have experience either within the criminal justice, policing or defence sectors, or you will be able to clearly demonstrate how your experience can be transferred appropriately
Role & responsibilities:
- The External Relations Director will develop and implement a strategic external relations programme
- Research, forecast and evaluate the effects of public policy, media opinion and influencer perspective on the organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and excellent personal contacts
- Ensure relationships are developed with all stakeholder groups – including politicians, civil servants, local authorities, official bodies, partners and the media – prioritising key influencers
- Fully prepare the organisation to handle communications issues
- Lead the development of proactive initiatives – in collaboration with priority stakeholders – to optimally position the organisation within the market
- Take direct responsibility for day-to-day environmental monitoring and media relations
Salary & Benefits:
£70,000+ (dependent on experience).
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Life Assurance 3 x annual salary (increases to 4 x if joining Defined Contribution Pension Scheme)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Income Protection Plan
- CIGNA Private Healthcare
Gavin Lockhart-Mirams at Crest Advisory.
Please send CV, expression of interest in first instance to Gavin by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.. Further details will be provided.
- 28 January 2013
- 25 February 2013
- Associations / Institutions, Business / Industrial, Consumer, Financial Services, FMCG, Government, Healthcare, Media and New Media, Professional Services, Retail / Wholesale, Technology, Utilities
- Corporate Communications, External Affairs, Internal Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Head of Group / Department Associations / Institutions jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Head of Group / Department Business / Industrial jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Head of Group / Department Consumer jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Head of Group / Department Financial Services jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Head of Group / Department FMCG jobs in Surrey