Media and Communications Manager – In-house - 12 months
Our client is a government organisation, selling retail financial products to consumers.
They are in the process of setting up a new scheme and are seeking a Media and Communications Manager to join their team in London for fixed term contract of 12 months to help them.
As the Media and Communications Manager, you will be sitting in the B2B team but reporting into the wider communications function as well as the Senior Media Relations Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
· Sole management of media and stakeholder communications related to the delivery of its new scheme , translating policy documents into communication briefs
· Lead on and proactively identify opportunities to improve the customer communications approach and overall strategy
· Create and implement PR programmes, ensuring needs are accurately reflected
· Liaise with Correspondence Unit to analyse trends in communications to identify areas for improvement, to address as necessary
· Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and media
· Providing advice, answering parliamentary questions and responding to letters/questions from the website
The ideal candidate will:
· Be able to understand complex policies
· Need to have proven experience of working on media / public affairs / corporate communications activities
· A background with government or its agencies
· Understanding of financial services, particularly pensions
· Demonstrate the ability to act as a confident spokesperson in all media
If you feel as though you have the necessary skills and experience, please click ‘apply’ now!
About JFL Search & Selection
JFL is a specialist recruitment consultancy for the communications sector. We recruit from entry to Board Director level, across PR, corporate communications, public affairs, digital and social media.