This job has now expired
Ellwood Atfield is recruiting a new Head of Public Affairs for a well known, highly respected and influential business. It is an exciting time of growth for the organisation and you will ensure that their work impacts across the political sphere and at every level of government.
• Provide strategic direction and advice on public affairs.
• Develop and lead public affairs activities in Westminster, Scotland, Wales and Europe.
• Build and maintain an influential network of contacts to enhance how the organisation is perceived among opinion formers and to effect change.
• Manage a team to ensure successful engagement with decision-makers including politicians, regulators, and officials.
• Be a spokesperson for our work at industry events, political meetings and other public events.
You will demonstrate:
• Experience gained at a senior level in achieving change through government relations for major businesses or other institutions.
• An extensive understanding of the UK and European (and ideally the devolved nations) political arenas.
• Exemplary communications skills, both written and oral.
• An ability to quickly grasp complex policy and communicate it effectively and confidently to expert audiences.
• The ability to operate in complex political environments in a non-partisan manner.
• A strong intellect with a natural curiosity.
To apply or to find out more please email email@example.com quoting reference HPA/NB. Applications must be made by Wednesday 27 February 2013.